Celebrating a co-op Thanksgiving
On November 28, our nation will celebrate Thanksgiving—a day when we collectively pause to express gratitude. As Nolin RECC’s President and CEO, there are many things for which I am thankful. During this season of thanksgiving, I want to express my gratitude for some of the people and programs that make it a privilege to work for the members of this electric cooperative.
I am thankful for:
• All the veterans we celebrate on November 11, including Dan Thompson, Hodgenville, and William Hickey, Elizabethtown. Nolin sponsored these heroes on this year’s Honor Flight to view their war memorials in Washington, D.C.
• Our 95 employees who supply second-to-none service in providing safe, reliable and affordable electricity to our members. Thanks to their work, Nolin members experience well above industry-average service reliability on an on-going basis. From our engineers and customer service representatives to the line technicians who maintain over 3,000 miles of line in Nolin’s service territory, every employee takes great pride in serving our members.
• The co-op’s six board members who spend time listening to our members, attending training sessions, participating in planning meetings and keeping abreast of industry trends. These well-informed advisors serve the co-op’s interests in a way that our members expect and deserve.
• Renewable energy programs like Cooperative Solar and cooperative sponsored environmental stewardship projects that preserve our communities and this great Commonwealth.
• Kentucky’s Touchstone Energy Cooperatives, of which Nolin is a member. Working together, we are supporting important initiatives such as teacher education to improve science, technology, engineering and math education in our local schools. And, finally, I want to express my gratitude for your membership in our electric cooperative. Thank you for attending co-op events, alerting us to problems or providing suggestions that help us improve operations and better serve all members.
Wishing each and every Nolin member a happy Thanksgiving.