Nolin RECC Board Meeting Summary
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of Nolin RECC was held at 9:00 a.m., Thursday, April 15, 2021, at the office of the cooperative. The following is a summary of the meeting activities. The agenda, minutes of the March 19, 2021 meeting, new and terminated memberships and the monthly safety and compliance report were approved.
- Representatives of Jones Nale & Mattingly PLC presented and reviewed the 2020 audit report of the cooperative records. They noted no audit adjustments.
- Greg Lee reported on key topics and gave an industry update. The EKPC pass-through rate increase request has been suspended until October. Directors were invited to attend virtual visits with members of Kentucky’s Congressional Delegation on April 20th.
- Monthly Financial Statements and Reports for February 2021 were reviewed and approved.
- The System Operations report for February 2021 was presented. Operations at Fort Knox were also reviewed.
- The Corporate Services Report for February 2021 was presented and reviewed.
- The Human Resources Report for March 2021 was presented and reviewed.
- The Information Technology report for March 2021 was presented and reviewed.
- Linda Grimes updated the board on Kentucky Electric Cooperatives.
- Rick Thomas updated the board on East Kentucky Power Cooperative.
- John Scott, Nolin attorney, provided a legal update on work performed for the month.
- The Communications, Member Programs and Safety reports were reviewed.
- Special Equipment for February 2021 was presented and approved.
- The uncollectible accounts for March 2021 were transferred from Account 142 to Account 144.1.
- Linda Grimes was selected as EKPC representative, David Brown as alternate and Rick Thomas as director.
- The Wide Open Utility Service Financial, Operations, H.R. and safety reports were reviewed.
The meeting adjourned at 2:55 p.m.