The Nolin RECC ENERGY STAR® Manufactured Home Program (“ESMH”) is designed to encourage that members of Nolin RECC purchase an energy efficient manufactured home. Nolin RECC will provide the purchaser of a manufactured home with an incentive to purchase and install a new ENERGY STAR® certified manufactured home.
If you’re thinking of purchasing a new manufactured home, make sure it is an ENERGY STAR® rated manufactured home. After new home installation and after receiving certification as an ENERGY STAR® Manufactured Home, Nolin RECC will issue an $1,150 incentive payment to the member. The incentive is intended to help offset the cost of upgrading the home from the standard United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) construction requirements to the SBRA and EPA ENERGY STAR® Manufactured Home construction requirements.
Since the ENERGY STAR® certified home uses substantially less energy for heating, cooling and water heating than a standard manufactured home, it’s less expensive to run. You may save an average of more than 11,000 kWh per year when compared to the standard manufactured home. Right now, that’s an average savings of about $1,200 each year or about $90 a month.
To be eligible for this incentive, new manufactured homes must meet the following criteria:
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Systems Building Research Alliance (SBRA) guidelines as an ENERGY STAR® Manufactured Home.
- Primary source of heat must be a heat pump 14 SEER & 8.2 HSPF or higher as required by SBRA.
- Home must be all electric.
- Home must be installed by the manufacturer on lines served by Nolin.
- Participants in the ENERGY STAR® Manufactured Home Program are not eligible for participation in the Heat Pump Retrofit Program.