Touchstone Energy New Home Program
Shaving your heating and cooling costs in your new home requires planning from the ground up. The Touchstone Energy Home takes advantage of quality insulation materials, sound construction techniques, and a geothermal heating and cooling system or high-efficiency heat pump to make sure your home is energy efficient. The home must meet certain insulation and energy efficiency standards to qualify as a Touchstone Energy Home. The member (homeowner) or builder (if they are the account holder and if they utilize an independent HERS rater to perform the required inspections at their expense) may receive a rebate as long as the following requirements are met.
$750 Rebate Requirements for New Home:
- Must be built to Touchstone Energy Home specifications
- Two inspections are REQUIRED: Pre-drywall and a final inspection with blower door test
- Minimum ENERGY STAR® rated Heat Pump (For a split system heat pump, the ENERGY STAR® standard is 15.2 SEER2/7.8 HSPF2)
- Electric tank water heater required (Tankless or instantaneous water heaters are prohibited)
* Rebate does not include manufactured homes, modular homes, or mobile homes. For these types of homes please see our ENERGY STAR® Manufactured Home Program.
ENERGY STAR® Manufactured Home
As a member of Nolin RECC, when you purchase a new manufactured home for installation in our service area, you may be eligible for a $1,150 rebate for upgrading to an ENERGY STAR rated home. Visit our ENERGY STAR® Manufactured Home page for more information.
SimpleSaver Thermostat Program
Enroll a qualifying Wi-Fi thermostat to receive a $10 bill credit per thermostat for up to 2 thermostats ($20 total). Participants will also receive a $20 bill credit per thermostat at the end of each summer season. Participants may also be eligible for an additional $100 enrollment offer if they purchased their thermostat on or after March 2, 2019. Visit SimpleSaver FAQ for more information. To enroll your thermostat or determine your eligibility, visit our SimpleSaver page.
SimpleSaver Thermostat Program Requirements:
- When you sign up for this program, your thermostat will be adjusted a limited number of times throughout the summer. Those minor adjustments help us all work together to reduce energy use during peak demand times.
- Must enroll a qualifying internet-connected thermostat used for cooling
Heat Pump Retrofit Program
When a high efficiency heat pump is installed in an existing home, meeting the requirements below, the member (homeowner) may be eligible to receive a rebate. Again, the installation will need to be verified by a Nolin representative before the rebate is paid.
Heat Pump Rebate Requirements:
- Two inspections are REQUIRED: Before work is started and after work is completed
- Home must be heated primarily with electric resistance heat, specifically an Electric Furnace, Ceiling Cable Heat, or Baseboard Heat
- Mini-Split systems do qualify for this rebate at a rate of $250 per head with a maximum of $750
|DOE Standard Split System (14.3 SEER2/7.5 HSPF2)|
DOE Standard Package System (13.4 SEER2/6.7 HSPF2)
|ENERGY STAR® Split System (15.2 SEER2/7.8 HSPF2/11.7 EER2 minimum)|
ENERGY STAR® Package System (15.2 SEER2/7.2 HSPF2/10.6 EER2 minimum)
|ENERGY STAR Mini-Split Non-Ducted (15.2 SEER2/7.8 HSPF2 minimum)||$250|
**A matching AHRI (The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute) certificate is required for rebate qualification.
**Please note that these ENERGY STAR® minimum ratings are for Nolin RECC’s rebate offerings. Higher ratings may be required for Government issued Tax Credits or Rebate opportunities; be sure to check with our tax professional for further information on requirements.
After having a free blower door test performed by Nolin RECC, members may receive up to $750 rebate after insulating and weatherizing their home according to our recommendations. Nolin will pay the member based on the calculated BTUhs of heat loss reduced from the previous inspection performed by the Cooperative. The rebate will be paid according to the following requirements.
Button-up Rebate Requirements:
- Two inspections and blower door tests are REQUIRED: Before work is started and after work is completed
- Air sealing your home and adding insulation to your attic on all-electric home at least two years old.
- A Nolin RECC representative will calculate BTUhs saved after completion of the final blower door test.
The Button Up incentive will pay a total payment of $40 per thousand BTUhs reduced to the member up to the maximum rebate incentive of $750.
The HVAC duct sealing portion of the Button-Up is a standalone measure that can be utilized to air seal HVAC duct systems located in unconditioned spaces. The HVAC duct sealing portion of this program will pay a $400 incentive to residential members (or their contractor) who meet the eligibility requirements.
CARES (Community Assistance Resources for Energy Savings) Program
The Community Assistance Resources for Energy Savings (“CARES”) program provides an incentive to enhance the weatherization and energy efficiency of Member’s homes. Participants must qualify for weatherization and energy efficiency services according to the US Department of Energy’s Weatherization Assistance Program administered by their local Community Action Agency (CAA) or by Kentucky’s non-profit affordable housing organizations (AHO). Household income cannot exceed the designated poverty guidelines administered by the CAA or AHO. For more information on this program, please contract an administering organization.
Government Issued Tax Credits & Rebates (Outside of Nolin Offerings)
The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) included significant government tax credit incentives and rebates through 2032 for energy efficiency improvements such as replacing a heat pump, air sealing, adding insulation, etc. We encourage members to check with their tax professional for government issued tax credits and rebates that may be available outside of Nolin RECC’s offerings.